Wednesday, June 1, 2011

SPM 1119/1 Continuous Writing - A Person Who Has Influenced Me

"Good morning, Mum!" I greeted.
"Good morning, and why are you so happy today?" Mum asked.
"It's Mother's Day, Mum. Happy Mother's Day!"

My mother is the best mother in the whole wide world. I would not exchange her for anything. She has helped me through thick and thin. I may only be seventeen but I have gone through some hard times. My mum works in Johor and I stay in Malacca. She comes back once a fortnight and I miss her every day. At school, I always display a strong and happy front but on the inside, I am actually very sensitive and fragile.

My mum is a caring person. When I first entered primary school, I was discriminated because I was fat. I had no friends except one, Michelle Lim. Mum always asked how my day was and I lied, saying that I had had a great day and had made many friends. One day, I could not take it anymore and told my mum everything that had happened in school. She went to school the next day and complained to the teacher. The latter told my friends off and after that I easily made friends. Surprisingly, one of my best friends now is actually the one who bullied me the most when I was in standard one! That person is Tan Yi Lin.

Besides that, my mum is also very protective. My dad is very hot tempered and always scolds me even when I do nothing wrong. Whenever my dad scolds me, Mum will always tell him off saying, "Why are you shouting? She has done nothing wrong." Mum will then comfort me and previously, she would buy me an icecream after that. Now, Mum has stopped buying me icecreams because it is not easy finding clothes that fit my size.

My mum is also a very loving person. I have a brother and a sister who are twele and ten years older than I am respectively. Mum loves all of us although my brother and I are troublemakers while my sister is more obedient. My mum bakes cakes for us to eay every weekend when she is back or whenever she is free. The cakes that she bakes are delicious. Whenever I smell the aroma of the banana cake she bakes wafting through the air, my mouth starts to salivate.

She is also a strict disciplinarian. I once got slapped on the cheek for talking back to her. Mum taught all three of us well. Now my brother and sister are independent working in Singapore and Korea respectively while I am obediently studying hard to get straight A+'s in my coming examination. Mum recently confiscated my computer because my studies were deproving.Other than that, my mum is also very good at observing things. I had a best friend whom I had befriended for almost five years. Mum told me that she was not a good friend and told me not to be too close to her. I did not listen to her and regretted it. My friend changed and started to leave me for other friends. Luckily Mum and my two other friends stood by me and helped me to overcome this setback in my life.

Last of all, what I like best about Mum is that she is a great listener and gives me good advice on almost everything. She will listen to anything I say and help me solve all my problems. There was once I talked for almost 15 minutes non-stop and she did not even utter a single word. The only thing she said was, "Yes, I am listening."


My mum is the person who has helped me the most in my life. She may not be perfect but she is perfect to me. I love her very much. On every Mother's Day, I give her a handmade card that I make with all my heart. My mum loves travelling and shopping, so when I grow up I want to earn a lot of money so that my mum can go shopping every week, and travelling, every year.


Rachel Yap (Form 5K1/2011, MGSS Malacca)



















1 comment: